Wednesday, April 14, 2010

One Layer Cards

Life has been getting in the way of posting lately. I went to a stamping retreat back in February. We had the best time in a lovely setting. But I have yet to post any of the cards I made that weekend. So over the next few days, I will be sharing several cards.

After seeing many inspirational cards on SCS with this technique, I had been wanting to use a sponged background with a simple image. I came up with these 2 cards. I made a reusable mask out of cardstock and 2-way glue so that I would have the mask for future cards.

Susan Raihala's post today on her wonderful blog, Simplicity (http://simplicitybylateblossom.blogspot.com/) inspired me to finally get around to taking photos of these cards and getting them posted.

Supplies:
Stamp Set - Upsy Daisy (SU)
Paper - Kraft card base (SU)
Ink - Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip (SU)


Supplies:
Stamp Set - Bird on a Branch (SU)
Paper - Kraft card base (SU)
Ink - Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip (SU)

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Sue, these are so pretty! I love how you made the silhouettes slip just a bit outside the sponged area. That adds the perfect amount of "something-something" to both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are simply gorgeous! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind comments, Sue! These are lovely....we just did some sponging at my uplines a couple nights ago....you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these - so simple yet so effective.

    ReplyDelete