Saturday, April 24, 2010

Inspiration from "Stamp It! Cards" Magazine

I am a sucker for magazines - especially craft and home decorating ones. I love taking the little post-it flags and marking the pages that inspire me, intending that I will look back at those pages and create a project using the page as inspiration. The only trouble is that I seem to never get around to the project part.

However, I finally did get around to working on a couple of ideas from Stamp It! Cards 2010. It is interesting that one of the cards I made is a complete CASE, changing only the stamps and punches so I could use ones that I own. The second card, while inspired by the one in the magazine, turned out to have a completely different feel.

The first card is CASE-d from a card by Julie Cameron on page 34 of the magazine. I loved the elegance of her card so much that I duplicated it as closely as I could with the tools I had at hand. I love the pops of red against the neutral background. Julie's cards was a smaller size while mine is standard A2 size. I used a blender pen to add red ink to the stamp for the focal point image.


Supplies:
Stamp Set - Vintage Vogue (SU)
Paper - Sahara Sand, Basic Black, and Very Vanilla cardstock (SU)
Ink - Sahara Sand and Real Red (SU)
Other - Curly Label Punch, Red metal dot

My next card was inspired by a card by Maile Belles on page 17 of the magazine. I loved how she used a line image, stamped and embossed in white, set against colorful squares. Her card was square - I used a rectangular card. She used softer colors while I went with bright colors against the black strip. Since I decided to use a rectangular card, it threw off my measurements for the squares. So changed the arrangement slightly, then balanced out the 3 squares with 3 pearls and the sentiment on the right side. All in all - I was pleased with the result.

Supplies:
Stamps - Circle Circus, Trendy Trees (sentiment)
Paper - Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, Basic Black, Whisper White cardstock (SU)
Ink - Versamark, StazOn Black
Other - White embossing powder, half pearls, Word Window punch

1 comment:

  1. I like both of these! So pretty. If I had to pick, I'd probably say the 2nd card because it has the bright colors. But they are both just so lovely.

    ReplyDelete